Mistycove is an exclusive homestay option situated on a prime lakefront property at Kodaikanal. It has got 5 cottages, scattered over 3 acres of lush gardens with beautiful views. Mistycove is equally suited for a romantic getaway or an action filled family vacation.
We take pride in our beautiful award winning gardens which have sprawling lawns overlooking the lake and rose gardens, flower beds, and mature fruit and shola trees.
Kodaikanal, the Princess of Hill Stations, situated at an altitude of about 7,200 feet or 2,195 meters above sea level, is one of the most charming and unspoilt hill stations of India. It is a beautiful getaway which retains its old-world charm while offering all modern conveniences.
The climate at Kodaikanal is salubrious throughout the year. Amongst all the Hill Resorts of India, Kodi (as Kodaikanal is lovingly called by the long time Kodiites) has the distinction of having the largest number of clear and sunny days in a year. With the maximum temperature not crossing 19˚ Celsius and the minimum not going below 10˚ Celsius, Kodi remains at a comfortable temperature range for all.
Kodi nestles in the Palani Hills, part of the Western Ghats, in the southern part of India. It offers some of the most panoramic scenery along with a serene environment, ideally suited for a relaxed and rejuvenating vacation. For those adventurously inclined, Kodi offers some of the most exciting opportunities for eco-tourism, almost unmatched anywhere in India. Kodi is home to one of the most amazingly varied and large number of species of flora and fauna.
The accommodation at Mistycove consists of 5 colonial style lakefront cottages scattered over a 3 acre prime location with a lake frontage of over 500 feet. The lawns are extensive and flowerbeds are blooming with beautiful flowers. ''Mistycove'' is recommended for those who value a beautiful natural setting, laid back life style and graciousness of a by gone era. It is very much ''out-doors'' oriented and lacks the slick urban look of conventional hotels or resorts.
All cottages have two large bedrooms, both with an attached bathroom, and a wardrobe area, and a living room with a fireplace. All bathrooms have an individual geyser for hot water, bath linen, and guest amenities. All cottages are adequately furnished without being flashy. There is a TV with a cable connection in every cottage at Mistycove. Every bedroom has a small refrigerator, an electric kettle, and guest supplies.
Mistycove is a 100% vegetarian homestay and even outside non-vegetarian food is not allowed on the premises. It is also an alcohol/tobacco free facility.
Mistycove is so strategically located that you do not need to worry about local transport for most of your needs. Walk time to some of the important locations are as under:
- Lake - 0 minute
- Bryant Park - 2 minutes
- Boating - 1 minute
- Horse riding stand - 1 minute
- Bi-cycle shops - 0 minutes
- Tibetan market - 0 minutes
- Kodaikanal International School – 5 minutes
- Coaker''s walk - 5 minutes
- Bus Terminus - 5 minutes
- Seven Road Junction & Bazaar - 5 minutes
- Boat club - 5 minutes
While being in the midst of all the action, the compound itself exudes serenity and peace. A rare combination...
Things To Do
Kodaikanal is one hill station that offers a range of outdoor activities, to suit visitors with varied interests and physical capabilities. Rarely does one find so many activities, so easily available at any other single hill station in India. Some of these activities are - Boating, Golfing, Horse riding, Cycling, Hiking, Camping, Wilderness trails, Wildlife watching, etc.
While relaxing on the premises, one can indulge in a game of Cards, Chess, Carom, Frisbee, etc. One can just laze away in the hammock or read a book by the side of our outdoor fireplace. On advance special request, we can also arrange group activities like Yoga and Pranayama classes, Meditation sessions etc. under expert guidance.
If one opts for a long stay, there are a number of short trips to interesting locations within driving distance of Kodi. Mannavannur, Berijam, Thekkady, Madurai, Palani and Munnar are some of the interesting short trips that can be arranged.
Tariffs are on per cottage basis. Each cottage can accommodate upto 4 adults and 1 child (below 5 years), not requiring an extra bed. Upto 1 extra bed can be provided at additional cost, if required. Each cottage, however, has only one bath cum toilet. Check-in time is 10:30 AM and Check-out time is 9:00 AM. All accommodation requests will be treated as enquiries, if not accompanied by full payment for the duration of planned stay.
|RATE / NIGHT||SEASON (INR)||OFF SEASON (INR)|
|Weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun)||10,500||9,500|
|Charges for extra Person||2000||2000|
- More than 30 days prior to date of arrival - Rs. 500/- per cottage
- Between 21 - 30 days prior to date of arrival - 20%
- Between 11 - 20 days prior to date of arrival - 40%
- Between 6 - 10 days prior to date of arrival - 60%
- Between 0 - 5 days prior to date of arrival - 100%
Delicious home cooked, nutritious, non / less greasy, vegetarian, North Indian / South Indian food can be provided on specific request made in advance. The charges for fixed menu options are as follows:
Children below 5 years of age, eating alongwith the rest of the group are not charged for the fixed menu food. Children, above the age of 5 years and below the age of 12 years, eating along with the rest of the group will be charged 50% for the fixed menu.
A limited snack menu is available with the caretaker, who will be happy to provide with ordered items if advance request is given.
- Morning tea / coffee is included in the room tariff.
Pick up and drop service can be provided, if advance booking is made at the time of confirming accommodation. The charges per one way trip are as follows:
|From / To Kodaikanal Road Railway Station||1,400|
|From / To Madurai Railway Station||2,800|
|From / To Madurai Airport||3,000|
|From / To Coimbatore Airport / Railway Station||3,800|
The above charges are on a per trip basis in a non Air conditioned Ambassador/Indica car for upto 4 passengers. Other kind of vechicles can also be provided. The charges applicable for the same will be intimated on request.
There are a few things that our guests need to know before they confirm their bookings:
- Mistycove is almost a 75 year old property. Hence it may lack the glitz and glamour of a modern urban type hotel/resort.
- There are occasional powercuts and outages in Kodaikanal. In conformity with our policy of minimizing our carbon foot prints and also the pollution, we consciously do not provide a generator. In the event of power outages, we and our guests manage with candle lights and a patient wait for the power supply to resume.
- Although each cottage has two bedrooms, three of the cottages have the entrance to the smaller bedroom through the master bedroom. Moreover, there is only one bathroom per cottage to be shared between the two bedrooms. In view of this, we hire out the entire cottage to one group/family only. Also, we strongly recommend a maximum occupancy of 4 persons to a cottage.
- Although Mistycove is a very pet-friendly property, we do not permit the pets to enter the cottages (in deference of the wishes of most of our guests). We will be happy to provide safe and secure space for the pet within the property but outside of the cottages.
- Mistycove is a totally vegetarian facility and non-vegetarian food (even brought from outside) is not permitted on the property.
- All rates listed above are subject to change without any prior notice/intimation. Kindly reconfirm the rates at the time of booking.